Terms of Reference
Consultant - Public Health (National and Regional) (NCD)(8 Posts)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the NPCDCS programme team to conduct a situation analysis including mapping of key stakeholders and understand the programme needs.
- In coordination with the Consultant for monitoring and evaluation,develop tools for reviewing implementation of the programme with reference to services, human resource management, infrastructure, equipment, drugs and capacity building.
- Support states to review implementation of NPCDCS with special focus on efficient procurement of equipment and drugs, human resource management and optimal utilization of funds.
- Support review of implementation at district level with reference to access, availability of services, training and quality of care.
- Support states in preparation of PIPs for NCDs to facilitate expansion of the programme in the state.
- Support the operationalization of National and state level multisectoral action plan for prevention and control of NCDs.
- Provide technical support in initiating cost effective interventions and mainstreaming NCD related interventions in different sectors at the state level for the prevention and control of NCD and their risk factors.
- Interact closely with the state teams to determine challenges and providing solutions in programme implementation.
- Additional technical roles(publications, studies etc) within assigned areas.
- Undertake any other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time.
Essential qualification & experience:
- MBBS with Post Graduate Degree in Community Medicine/ Community Health Administration/Public Health or equivalent with at least 2years experience after obtaining post graduate degree.
- MBBS with 5 years experience in Public Health at National / State level.
Age limit:Upto 40 years. Retired Govt. /Public sector officer’s upto the age of 62 years are eligible to apply.
Remuneration: 60,000-80,000 per month (consolidated).
Reporting Officer: Director (NCD), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Place of posting: New Delhi.
- The applicant should be conversant with the use of computers in words processing worksheets for data compilation, basic analysis, internet use and presentation.
- The applicant should be able to tour extensively for monitoring and supervision.
- Age Limit : As on Last date of receiving of applications
- Tenure: Till 31-Mar-2017
- The remuneration shall be fixed in the range given, depending upon qualification and experience.
Note: The tenure is extendable as per rules and scheme guidelines as per preference and mutually agreed terms and conditions.
It is mandatory to mention Age, Year of Passing the Degrees, Current and Past Employment dates on your resume, without which applications will not be accepted.