Terms of Reference
Consultant – Adolescent Health (Data analysis & Monitoring) – (One position)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Reporting to: Deputy Commissioner, Adolescent Health, MoHFW
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Consultant shall be responsible for monitoring and facilitating continuous improvement in use of information and reports at various levels viz., village, block, district and state levels through support to preparation of the data analysis and monitoring components of the state PIPs, undertaking monitoring and field visits and revision/ preparation and dissemination of tools and guidelines. Support States/Districts in preparation of data analysis and monitoring components of State PIPs/District Plans
- Annual review/re-designtools for data analysis and monitoring components of State PIPs to ensure that targets, strategies and budgets are internally consistent
- Preparation of monthly/ quarterly progress reports against approved plan, e.g., data available in the web based HMIS and planning and web based system.
- Collation, analysis and reporting of data from demographic surveys (e.g., NFHS, DLHS, SRS, AHS, etc.) to assist in evidence based planning and monitoring
- Anchoring Monitoring Process for overall monitoring of AH Programmesand the relevant training and analyse the findings of these reports
- Maintaining liaison/coordination with program officers of the Ministry as well as with the State/Districts for ensuring timely submission ofdata
- Develop checklists (with emphasis on implementation of planning & monitoring system and use of reports for initiating corrective action) for visits to States; obtain necessary approvals.
- Visit States/Districts/Blocks/Villages independently as well as a part of Integrated Monitoring Teams and in particular, assess timeliness/accuracy of information and extent to which reports/data is used for corrective action. Identify strengths and weaknesses and discuss and agree steps to overcome the latter. Follow up to ensure that the agreed steps are implemented
- Minimum travel of 120 days annually
- Respond to various queries including analysis of reports received from national and international agencies (including the Regional Evaluation Team’s Report)
- Collate and compile AH related sections of various reports (Annual Report, Report to People on Health etc.)
- Assistance to States to bring about continuous process improvement in planning and monitoring systems towards improving service delivery/ quality
- In particular, identification of opportunities for effective integration of various programmes within AH catering to the same target group and establish the “how to”
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time.
- Post Graduate degree/ diploma in Health Management, Social Sciences/ MBA in Health Management from reputed University
- 2 + years of work experience.Experience in Adolescent Health programme / RCH at National or State level is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills; should be able to work effectively with persons across levels in a government set up
- Computer literate
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance
Age:Upper Limit 55 years as on 01/04/2017 and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits
Monthly Remuneration: Between Rs. 40,000/- to Rs.90,000/- per month.