Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant – Legal / (One Position)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking resumes from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting the RCH/NHM Divisions by regularly monitoring the progress of court cases pending before the Supreme Court, High Courts and other Courts of the country
- Ensuring effective management of various court cases and providing legal input as and when required in the context of appraisal of state PIPs
- Maintain and update a calendar of events and briefs for ongoing court cases on a regular and timely basis and plan the course of action for notices received.
- Coordinate with ASG / legal representatives of Union of India.
- Visit High Courts and other Courts, where important cases are pending to coordinate with Govt. Advocates concerned.
- Draft the para-wise/point to point reply to the petitions & various applications of the court cases pending in Supreme Court & High Courts.
- Coordinate and correspond with all concerned parties within the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as well as outside the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Assist in drafting of the Bills/ Acts for the Ministry Of Health and Family Welfare
- Assisting the RCH division in framing replies in legal matters related to Janani Suraksha Yojana, Family Planning and Immunization and other subjects of RCH Division, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Brief the advocates and visit courts for filing caveat petitions and for replies sought.
- Track and manage contempt cases.
- Preparing legal briefs, comments and backgrounds of the various programmes and schemes of the government
- Meeting with the Government officials and Central Government counsels, Standing counsels, Additional Solicitor General of India
- Attending Orientation sessions, conferences and seminars
- Handling the legal matters relating to various Schemes of the Government in various High courts and Supreme court,
- Drafting counter affidavits, affidavits and replies on behalf of the Union of India i.e. Ministry of Health and Family welfare
- Performing independent research and analysis of specific legal matters, monitoring the legal matters
- Attending the hearing of important court matters and briefing the maters to the Central Government Counsels and Ld. ASG.
- Delivery of all the above tasks in a time bound manner
- Minimum qualification of graduate degree in Law from a reputed University
- Minimum 5 years of experience in legal matters out of which 3 years with the government at National or State level and is a must, familiarity with the public health system, and relevant government policies/ strategies, particularly National Health Mission. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in NHM / RCH at National or State level.
- Knowledge and experience of handling court matters at the level of High Court and Supreme Court of India
- Familiarity with the public health system, and Government Schemes such as National Health Mission and State Health Societies
- Excellent communication skills, drafting skills and good working knowledge of computers
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of Hindi are required and should have computer knowledge in MS Office and other applications
- Strong interpersonal relations, communication and team-work skills
- Formal educational qualification, experience and age could be relaxed when there is a published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance
Age: Upper limit 55 years as on 1/4/2017 and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits
Remuneration Range: Between Rs. 0.90 - 1.30 lakhs - per month