Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India is committed to improving the Quality of care provided in public health care facilities. Its main objectives are to
- Ensure access to quality health services for all
- Provide support to achieve universal health coverage (UHC) and Sustainable development goals (SDG)
- Ensure implementation of global best practices, evidence and policy recommendations viz. use of Standard Treatment Guidelines and Protocols; infection prevention and safety protocols; certification using checklist, assessments, and improvement cycles; continuous training and skill enhancement; implementation of reporting and feedback mechanisms, etc.
- Reduce the harm to patients & support strengthening the overall quality of health systems and
- Enhance satisfaction among users of the Government Health Facilities and reposing the trust of public in them.